Monday, January 18, 2010

Mr. Sandman

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I have missed naps. In the four and one half years since we had our first kid I have not slept through the night. Our son still wakes up multiple times throughout the night, which makes sleep not really that restful.

Anyway, my husband has been home since last Friday. So, four straight days. On each one of those days I got at least an hour nap. On one of the days it was closer to two hours. It's amazing what getting a little extra sleep can do for a person. I have got to find a way to start sneaking naps into my days when neither of my children nap.

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I just read that taking 3 short naps a week actually leads to a healthier heart, so there's a piece of motivation for you! Grab one whenever you can when husband is around to keep an eye on the kids. Can you put the kids in for nap/quiet time every day? It's good for them, too!