Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Who Needs Sleep?

I seriously think there are times when putting me in a padded room would benefit all. I have been beyond tired lately for a variety of reasons, which I won't bore you with here. I'm stressed (aren't we all?) and I have two kids who sense the shift in my mood and are themselves having versions of their own mini-breakdowns. Not fun all around.

I am glad that this funk has coincided with my return to the gym because at least I have one outlet and one hour of peace where I don't have two permanent appendages latched on at all times and usually at the same time. But really, one hour of gym time, isn't cutting it.

So, tell me what you do when you are burnt out? What do you do to recharge? And how do you manage to find time for yourself?

2 comments:

Joanne said...

A long walk, a long nap, an easy dinner out. Little things, I guess, have a way of recharging me, putting a different spin on how things look. So I guess these would be a way of backing away a little, reprieves, which work for me.

Johnson and Johnson said...

I think that is why I go to the gym so much myself. I need that time to listen to my music or watch a movie (we have a cardio cinema room) and de-stress. I feel so much better after a good workout. It also helps when your kids like the child care as I know yours do. I do wish my husband could commit to being home more in the evening for me to get away, but oh well.... maybe one day I'll get to go to Starbucks and read a book and relax a bit.......