Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Things Kids Say

1. Our neighbor's boyfriend arrived next door today bearing gifts for Valentine's Day. We exchanged pleasantries and as he went inside my daughter asks, "What's his name?" I said, "You know, I'm not really sure." She thinks for a moment and says, "Maybe it's Pablo." Maybe it is.

2. My husband and daughter are driving to the UA basketball game today when she sees a truck in front of her. She asks my husband where the truck is going. He says he doesn't know. She says, "Maybe he's going to the gym. My mommy needs to get her behind back to the gym." (Apparently I must voice that sentiment much more than I thought).

3. I was playing the "Dinosaur Game" with our kids tonight. The game basically consists of me acting like a dinosaur and chasing them around the living room, catching them once in a while and pretending to devour them. After about 20 minutes my daughter says to my husband, "Daddy, can you come play the dinosaur game with me? Mommy isn't doing a very good job." Ouch.

6 comments:

Joanne said...

You might need to brush up on your brontasaurus skills ;)

Moxymama said...

I know. Apparently I wasn't moving my arms in the correct fashion.

Anonymous said...

20 minutes of playing dinosaur and you were still alive? I'd say that you were acing the game, and that it was more than the amount of exercise you would have gotten at the gym.

Moxymama said...

Sadly, because it has been a while since I've been to the gym my rousing game of dinosaur is the most exercise I have had in a while. :)

Robyn said...

LOL!

Hubby is the designated dinosaur in my house - at least I get off the hook for something!

Moxymama said...

Yeah, I can't complain since having my husband do it definitely gives me a break.