Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Germs, Germs, Everywhere

I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I am that we have spent the last 6 months overwhelmed with illness. It is seriously getting ridiculous. I used to be sick all the time when I was teaching. Instead of becoming immune like most teachers, I spent 5 years catching every little illness each of my students brought into my classroom.

When I stopped teaching over three years ago it was like a whole new world. I was healthy for massive amounts of time. I even went an entire year without so much as a sniffle. My daughter was the same way. In the first two years of her life she had one cold. She was a machine. Then my son came along and at 8 months was very ill and hospitalized. Since then the poor guy catches everything.... and I mean everything. There also seems to be a major increase in the amount of illnesses my daughter and I now catch. So, I was totally bummed when our son woke up Saturday with a horribly runny nose. I knew it was only a matter of time. He's now sick, I woke up sick yesterday and my daughter woke up sick today.

Really there should be a limit on the number of times one should be allowed to get sick in a year's time. I'm thinking three.

2 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

Oh, don't EVEN get me started about germs! You were a teacher, too, huh? I teach 3rd grade. I go through TONS of Germ-x every year and I still get colds and flu and bronchitis! One year I had PNEUMONIA twice! Once in December, and again the following May! I hacked away that whole year! I wash my hands, keep my own Germ-X on my desk, and I STILL go through all my 10 days' sick leave EVERY YEAR! My lungs are now weakened from having pneumonia three times and I now have chronic bronchitis! However, since I changed to a raw food, healthy diet, I must admit that I have fewer colds! I have a blog that talks about that: rawfoodjourney

MaggieBrown said...

I have a recommendation for you. I haven;t been sick in over a year because of a new product for kids called Germy Wormy. Before that, it was nasty like you are living through.

Here's their website. www.germywormy.com