Saturday, September 19, 2009

Frustrated Buyer

When my husband was a kid he was a huge fan of the big metal tonka trucks. I can remember playing with them myself with my brothers. So, for Christmas this coming year I found one online and was so excited about it, I ordered it without really looking around first. Needless to say I apparently got ripped off. Then when the truck arrived yesterday it was obviously one that had been gently used, even though I ordered it from a store and it was advertised as new. There were dings and chips in the metal and the packaging had been taped back together quite elaborately. The box had obviously been opened.

To add insult to injury, we were at Toys r Us today where we came across the EXACT same truck for literally less than half the price that we paid. HALF. For that amount, I could have purchased two trucks for him. Needless to say I am going to try to return it and hope that I don't end up spending even more on shipping charges.

Next time I guess I'll take my time a little more to make sure I'm not getting hosed.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I HATE it when that happens!