Friday, October 23, 2009

A Hesitant Return

When I was blogging regularly, before my hiatus, I would think in terms of "How can I turn this into a blog post." Random, everyday events underwent the scrutiny of whether or not it was interesting enough to merit a post. When ideas were thin this thought process at times went into overdrive. It was annoying. I couldn't turn it off.

The first week of my break I found myself still reverting back to that way of thinking even though I knew I wasn't going to be blogging for a while. It had become automatic. However, relatively quickly I pretty much forgot all about my blog, I quit thinking of my day's events as blog posts and started to enjoy them just for what they were, not for what I could turn them into. I have to admit, I was happier.

But then I realized I missed writing. I missed processing different events or feelings through this medium we call blogging. So, I have returned. I think the difference this time will be that I am not going to put myself on an arbitrary schedule to write. I'll write when I feel moved to do so and hopefully this will help restore some of that balance.

Thanks for reading and it's good to be back.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Welcome back! Hope you had a restful break. It's good to recharge like that from time to time. I've found it helps bring a new energy to my work.