Saturday, March 29, 2008

Schedule

So, I don't read a lot of blogs. In fact I only read one faithfully and that is almostlucid.com. So, I'm kind of hijacking this idea from him. He put as an entry his daily schedule. I thought that was kind of interesting to see how our family's schedule compares. My husband works on an alternating schedule, meaning he works 8-6 some days and 11-8 other days..sometimes later. He's in sales, so essentially I keep the same schedule with the kids and he blends in when he's home.

6:30 am: Kids are up. If hubby works later, he gets up with kids and I stay in bed until 7 am. If hubby works early we get up to see hubby off to work
7:00-7:30: Change diapers, get kids dressed, cuddle
7:30-8:00: Breakfast
8:00-9:00: Play with the kids, read books
9:00-9:30: Nurse baby and put him down for a nap (my kids hardly sleep, so his nap usually consists of the power nap while nursing); daughter looks through books or plays in her room
9:30-10:30: Color, play in my daughter's kitchen, etc.
10:30-12:00: Run errands, if necessary; if not we usually go for a walk or play outside
12:00-12:45: Lunch
12:45-1:00: Clean up
1:00-2:00: Naps if all the stars align correctly
2:00-2:45: Play with the kids
2:45-3:15: Household Chores
3:15-4:00: Try to give my daughter some uninterrupted time if my son can stay entertained with his trucks, blocks, etc.
4:00-5:00: Try to prep most of dinner; kids play with fridge magnets
5:00-6:00: Nurse baby and hopefully he naps again
6:00-6:30: Dinner
6:30-7:00: Baths; some nights hubby comes home around this time
7:00-8:00: Read (my kids, daughter especially, love to read. She would spend all day having me read to her if she could), talk about different things, cuddle
8:00: Put kids to bed
9:00: Things are usually calm by now
10:30- midnight: I go to bed after I get things picked up

The entire cycle repeats the next day...Obviously outtings are thrown in there on a regular basis: visits to the grandparents, trips to the library and zoo, play dates, shopping trips, etc. There never seems to be a dull moment.

So, my question to you is this: What is your day like? How do you find time to juggle everything? Do you find you have enough time to give everyone the attention he/she needs and still have time left over for yourself? I feel like I frequently sacrifice time for myself to give everyone else the time they need. I gladly do this because I love my family, but I do miss having down time where I'm not having to worry about what needs to be done for my husband or children.

No comments: